Discount Kids Bedding
Sets for boys & girls
If you are looking for a truly unique kids comforter or quilt set, you will find it here! We even have the matching accessories!
Fun Kids Rooms
Minus the huge price tags!
Are you wanting to redo your kids room and not spend a fortune? Click here to learn some inexpensive tips for a fun room makeover.
Trendy Crib Sets
From traditional to modern
Click here to view bright and vivid crib sets by Trend Lab which you are sure to fall in love with.
They provide relevant information and insightful
Room Decor That Grows With Your Child
How often have you asked yourself this question...how should I decorate my child’s room so that I don’t have to repaint every few years as they grow older? You’re not alone. Many parents ask themselves this every single day. They want their child’s room to have a unique decor without having to revamp the entire room all the time. The biggest transitions are always going from baby to toddler to teen. All 3 stages normally require a drastic room decor change.
Well to help you out a little bit we have gathered some helpful ideas for decorating:
1. Choose a semi-neutral paint color. It doesn’t have to be plain white or beige but possibly a dusty blue for a boys room instead of a bright primary blue. Or for girls, choose a soft yellow shade instead of flamingo pink. A softer more neutral shade allows for easy redecorating later on.
2. Buy some nice pictures frames that coordinate with the trim work in your child’s room and use them to display their own art work or awards certificates. As baby’s you choose to display pictures or special items. For toddlers you could put some finger painting projects in the frames. For teens, either pictures of their friends or special awards.
3. Change the duvet cover or bedspread. From toddler to teen, buying an inexpensive bedding set can dramatically change the look of the entire room. Simply just stick to coordinating colors that compliment your original paint color.
4. Paint or stain the furniture. This takes a little bit of time but is usually quite inexpensive. Typically you find white or wooden furniture in a baby nursery. Often that remains the same through the toddler and young child stages. But when your child turns into a teen, have them help you paint that white furniture with a darker, complimentary colored paint. Navy Blue and Chocolate Browns are always bold colors which look very rich.
5. Avoid character themes. Although your child seems to be very interested in a specific cartoon or character, it shall pass. They will grow older and favor something else. It always happens! Rather than invest a lot of money into a complete character bedding set, wallpaper, etc. try adding a toss cushion or area rug that displays their current favorite theme.
6. Stick to stripes, solids, and other geometric patterns. These never go out of style and your child can grow with them. Remember to mix and match. Everything doesn’t all have to be the same.
The above are just a few simple suggestions. Always remember, our beautiful children grow up! Rather than investing a ton of money into constantly redecorating their rooms, make small simple changes. Use the money you save on sharing experiences and making memories.